Business Analysts are responsible for understanding and assessing the changing needs of the business. They’re frequently asked to analyze the impacts of change, document and support communication between relevant groups and stakeholders, and capture requirements needed to initiate a change.
Responsibilities for Business Analyst
The day-to-day tasks of a business analyst vary greatly based on the industry, department, and projects. That being said, business analysts find themselves acting and working with different groups, departments, and team members. Business analysts will hear new ideas and requests every day. They must understand when and where to act, and which requests will be most critical to the success of business end-goals. In general, they will be responsible to:
- Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Assess change-proposals and define solutions to help the organization achieve its goals
- Discover, organize, and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change
- Work with the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Work with training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted to help develop a change management/training plan.
- Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
Qualifications for Business Analyst
First and foremost, business analysts are communicators. They work with multiple stakeholders and need to be able to convey needs, requirements, and solutions to different departments. But that’s not all they do; great business analysts have many skills, including:
- Exceptional ability to position and “sell” solutions that are reasonable, actionable, and cost-effective, including the ability to properly gauge the requirements and “plug” the appropriate solution.
- Forward-thinking and resourceful to skirt red tape and ensure solutions are brought to fruition and requirements are closed properly.
- Ability to problem solve and apply methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language and Rational Unified Process, to prepare detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations
- Knowledge of proper requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
Expected Education and Certification
Most we are looking for at least a bachelor’s degree, usually in business administration. While it’s possible to get a job as a business analyst without a specific certification, holding the certificate communicates to potential employers that you understand the basic necessary skills and are familiar with the role, even if you don’t have hands-on experience.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP): The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) runs a certification program with multiple options, including entry level.
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA): Project Management Institute (PMI) puts a solid methodology and pedagogy behind their certification program. Some previous experience is required to enroll in this program.
- Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE): International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) sets a good foundation for requirement gathering, verification, and validation. Their Foundation Level certificate program has no prerequisites.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM): This Scrum Alliance certification program has no prerequisites, and acts as a great starting point for further certifications.
How to apply?
If you are a millennial generation who have the desire to succeed at a young age, please submit your application using the button below.
We only process our candidates using our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), so if you apply through Karirpad's partners such as Linkedin, Indeed, Facebook, Google and so on, then you are automatically connected to our recruitment system. See you soon!
|Tingkatan Pekerjaan||:||Senior Staff|
|Fungsi Pekerjaan||:||Analis Bisnis, Bisnis Analis|
|Lokasi Pekerjaan||:||Jakarta, DKI Jakarta|
|Jenis Pekerjaan||:||Full Time|